Monday 27 February 2012

Post-script on my previous blog

I thought I had better add this post-script on my previous blog, as some of you may have thought that I was running myself down in some way.  In fact, I was just being truthful and honest about myself.   It is better to be humble and honest than pompous and full of self-grandiose about ones-self.  To be able to acknowledge weakness, failures and mistakes is a strength.  To deny them and pretend they don't exist is foolish, as then you will never ever grow or learn from them.  It is like an ostrich burying his head in the sand.

I don't mind the gentle teasing I get from friends and family, as it is all done in the nicest possible way.  It brings much laughter and giggles to all of us, and laughter is good medicine, therapeutic and good for the soul.  I know that they love me for who I am, with all my funny little ways, and that is what matters.

I think I should say a little more about my Maths teacher who threw books and board-rubbers at me.  The truth is, she didn't like me at all, and really picked on me and bullied me to tears.  There have been times in my life when my failures and weaknesses have been painful, as I have been belittled, pulled down, and made to look a fool and feel totally useless.  Gentle teasing is acceptable,  bullying, belittling, taunting, goading are not acceptable.  But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.   These experiences have made me the person the am now, and I am very happy with that.

No comments: